How do I collect my blood sample?
All the information you need to collect your sample.
Before collecting your blood sample
- Please read the Instruction Manual inside your kit box thoroughly.
- Check out our video on how to collect your blood sample — Watch here.
- It is essential to ensure you drink plenty of water, as will increase your blood flow. We recommend drinking 2-3 glasses of water up to 30 minutes before taking your sample.
- Soak your hand in a bowl of warm water for 3 minutes.
- Rise your heart rate. By raising your heart rate, you, in turn, increase your blood flow. We have provided a few examples below:
- Walk up and down a set of stairs for 2-3 minutes.
- Complete jumping jacks for 2-3 minutes.
During your sample collection
- Stand up during the whole collection — gravity will help keep the blood flowing!
- Prep your finger:
- Wipe finger with alcohol pad and allow to dry.
- Twist the cap off one of the lancets.
- Rest your hand on a stable surface, position the lancet on your fingertip and press down till you hear a click.
- Wipe away the first drop of blood that appears with a tissue.
- Position your hand over the collection tube.
- Massage your hand every 4 seconds from palm to fingertip — this will allow time for your blood to refill.
- If your blood stops flowing, re-prick another finger with another lancet.
Yellow Blood Collection Tube
- Fill up to the second line — 600ul — and place the cap back on the tube. Then invert the tube ten times.
- Do not shake the tube, as this will affect your sample.
Purple Blood Collection Tube
- Fill up to the second line — 500ul — and place the cap back on the tube. Invert and swirl the blood around. It will help ensure the blood touches the gel on the inside of the tube.
- Please note — not all test kits contain a purple blood collection tube.
Are you struggling to collect your sample or ran out of lancets?
Please get in contact with our dedicated support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.