A Quick Guide on the Keto Diet
The popularity of a keto diet has increased many folds within these years because of its great benefits in fat loss and weight reduction. It is recommended by so many doctors and nutritionists to those who wish to become slim, smart, and cut short their bulk fat.
This article is going to give you a complete understanding of the ketogenic diet and its health benefits.
What is a ketogenic diet?
A ketogenic diet is a low-carb, high-fat diet with a moderate amount of protein content that provides many health benefits to those who want to lose weight and improve their health quality. It actually involves drastic reduction of the carbohydrate intake and replacing it with fat putting the body into a state called ketosis.
What body changes occur in a keto diet?
Your body primarily utilises glucose as the source of energy. However, when you eat a ketogenic diet, the body adapts itself to the new diet by producing more and more ketones.
- Very low carbohydrate intake triggers the metabolic pathway of ketogenesis. It involves the production of ketone bodies by burning the fat.
- Your body only gets the option to burn fat you consume through the ketogenic diet.
In this way, more and more body fat burns helping in weight loss.
Benefits of Keto Diet
Several research studies have shown the potential health benefits of the ketogenic diet that are as follows:
- Ketogenic diet speeds up the weight loss by boosting your metabolism and reducing appetite.
- Acne is associated with high carbohydrate intake. Decreasing carbohydrate intake through a ketogenic diet reduces acne.
- Obesity can be prevented by keto diet which further helps to prevent cardiovascular ailments.
- Some studies suggest that ketones generated by keto diet provide neuroprotective benefits to your brain.
Which form of the keto diet is considered best?
Scientists have provided the best pre-made keto diet plan known as Atkins diet. It is actually a less stressful form of keto diet balanced in a way that your daily meal would contain 60-70 percent fats, 20-30 percent protein and 5-10 percent carbohydrates. This effectively helps in losing weight without putting too much ketonic strain on the body.
Keto diet would be best for you if you’re considering to burn fat and lose weight in an efficient way. Moreover, you can rely on this diet if you want protection from diabetogenic and cardiovascular maladies. Formulate a keto diet plan strategically and enjoy the best results.